We're looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to join Magnetic Rock.
Magnetic Rock is an incubator on a mission to build amazing digital products. Our founders are the same leadership team behind Helical Levity and Spinning Fox, and our first product was acquired in less than 18 months. We're now building a larger set of talented design and technology teams to tackle some ambitious new product ideas.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Talent Acquisition Manager to help build an amazing diverse team, with a range of skills and backgrounds, to tackle the next set of challenges.
If that sounds like something you'd be excited about, we'd love to talk.
About the role
Your primary goal on joining will be to quickly recruit high calibre people across a variety of teams and skillsets - everything from product designers and marketers, right through to engineers and security professionals. Longer term you'll be a fundamental part of shaping our team and culture.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining and driving the overall recruitment strategy to help us meet our growth targets.
- Developing creative and successful strategies for recruiting the best talent and building a strong ongoing pipeline of people interested in joining our business.
- Identifying both standard and innovative places to recruit from, at a variety of budget levels, then assessing recruitment data to increase process efficiency and return on investment.
- Managing the entire application, interview and offer process for all candidates.
- Conducting first round interviews and supporting others conducting further rounds.
- Negotiating and agreeing role elements like start dates and salaries.
- Managing new team member onboarding and ensuring a successful first 30 days.
- Helping assess capabilities and team strengths, and adjusting our recruitment plans accordingly.
- You'll have significant experience of internal recruitment. We're ideally looking for at least 3-5 years experience, ideally in a scale-up environment, but it's more important you can demonstrate you've helped build successful teams in the past.
- You are happy to recruit a wide variety of role types. We're looking for the most creative designers, but also the most technical engineers, so you'll need to be happy finding and interviewing both technical and non-technical people with a range of backgrounds.
- You're happy to start from scratch. We're building a new team from the ground up, so you'll need to be self-motivated, independent and comfortable putting structures in place to manage the entire recruitment process.
- You'll know the tools of the trade. Solid experience of recruiting through a variety of channels including Linkedin and other places is essential, but so is the ability to find innovative ways to seek out talent.
- You enjoy moving fast. We're trying to achieve a lot in a short period of time, so you'll need to enjoy a fun but fast paced environment that will require you to juggle multiple things at once.
Other important details
- The role is permanent and full-time.
- Salary is competitive, negotiable and based on experience. We're expecting it to be in the £40-50k range.
- We're a remote-first business, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott-under-Wychwood (which we share with our sister companies) that can be used for meetings or even as a permanent working location if desired.
- Competitive salary. We're looking for the best talent and we're willing to pay for it.
- Great equipment. All team members use high spec Mac laptops or iMacs (plus any required peripherals).
- Private healthcare. We offer Vitality health insurance and free eye-tests.
- Generous holiday. 28 days plus bank holidays per year.
- Training and industry events. We're keen you stay at the top of your game, so we offer bespoke training and development opportunities.
- Part of a bigger team. We're a small company but part of a bigger collection of companies (including Helical Levity and Spinning Fox) run by the same leadership team.
How to apply
- To apply for the position please email email@example.com (the HR team in one of our sister companies, Helical Levity, are helping recruit this role) with the subject line "Talent Acquisition Manager" and include a cover letter, CV and any further information you think would be relevant for us to see.
- We'll endeavour to reply within a few days if you're chosen for interview.
- If selected, the first step will be a 30 minute exploratory call where we'll ask some initial questions about your past work experience and answer any questions you have about the company.
- The second step will be a longer (45-60 minutes) interview with one of the founders where we'll explore your experience, skills and motivations in more detail, as well as discuss some of the specific responsibilities of the role.
- Lastly, if successful, we'll extend an offer. The entire process should not take more than 14 days from application to offer.